We recognize how serious times are and that COVID-19 must be treated with caution and care. The safety of everyone is of utmost importance. When we can work safely, we can also deliver essential oral care to prevent infection and pain, improve chewing ability and function, and improve smiles, all of which translates into better overall health for our patients.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Before and during your visit:
- Health screening over the phone to screen for risks or symptoms.
- Phone check-in to appointments—no waiting in waiting room.
- Temperature Check at the door for all patients and staff.
- Mandatory mask wearing for all patients and staff.
- Hydrogen Peroxide oral rinse + hand washing before sitting in chair.
- Patients wear gloves while in patient chair.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout office when not using gloves.
- For now… No magazines, toys, or roses (as soon as it’s okay, we’ll go back to them!)
Cleaning, disinfection, and protective devices:
- In addition to our Standard Precautions which are our rigorous cleaning and hygiene protocols that have always been in place to protect against disease and infection, we have also integrated:
- High volume suction devices to reduce aerosol production during dental procedures by up to 90-95%.
- Medical-grade air purifiers in every room and every corner of the office.
- Fogging of room air with electrolyzed water for additional aerosol protection.
- Open doors & plexi-glass to minimize contact with surfaces.
Social Distancing & Scheduling:
- Lengthened appointment times to allow for additional cleaning steps.
- Staggered appointments to minimize physical interaction with other patients.
- Late/cancellation policy: with the new protocols in place, please arrived 10-15 early to your appointment to check in. If we are available sooner, we would love to see you sooner. However, if you are running more than 10 minutes late we may have to reschedule in order to maximize our social distancing and disinfection protocols.
- Emergencies and Tele-dentistry: for patients of record who have an urgent toothache, we will try our best to fit you in within 24 hours. If for some reason we cannot, we offer tele-dentistry via phonecall or videochat to help alleviate your symptoms until you can physically visit our office.
We understand that the changes can be a bit of a hassle to you, but we ask your indulgence until we gain full control over the pandemic, to focus our attention where it really matters. We’ve already simplified a few steps thanks to CDC and physician recommendations. As the situation changes, we will be sure to update our protocols while maintaining a good patient experience. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to call our office to let us know.